Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Spent

It's been a rough couple of weeks for us. I'm not sure if it's that everything is happening now or if it's only now that I'm hearing about all of it. Many of our students are going through some very real situations evoking very real emotions.

I sit across the table from one girl and I want desparately to alleviate her pain. An hour later, I find myself sitting across from another girl who is going through something altogether different, but just as painful. All I can do is offer them the love of Christ and pray that they turn to Him in difficult times. My heart longs for them to see and understand the riches, joy, and hope they have in Jesus. Riches that are great, a joy that is everlasting, and a hope that is certain.

I don't know if God is calling me to do more than listen. Sometimes, we need to get to a point so low that we can only turn to God. Thus, I am weary of my desire to take away their pain...the same pain that drove ME to Him. I go home exhausted with my heart heavy. I am emotionally spent.

I have to remind myself that when I am emotionally spent and have little to give, He can and will take care of us all. "And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:19)

No comments: