Saturday, June 28, 2008

I Am Learning

I can't believe the month of June is over already. Why does time seem to fly by when you want it most to stand still? Time is definitely not on my side, but, fortunately, God is on my side!!

Thank you for praying for me in this transitional part of my life. You can definitely send up a prayer of praise because God has already provided $4,000 towards my need of $30,600 pledged by August 1. The craziest part of it all is that it has come from people I never expected would support me!

As a part of my RUF Internship, I have a study program that requires me to read certian books each month. This past month, I have been reading 1) Trusting God by Jerry Bridges, 2) Asking by Jerold Panas, and 3) the book of Mark. For obvious reasons, these books are great for me to read right now. Trusting God is not easy because we can't understand what He is doing and why. We see the present and forget that God is sovreign; that He is in total control. I forget that He is in control when I am making the dreaded calls to ask people for support. I think, "If I say the wrong thing or forget to say this, I'll ruin my chance for financial support!" But the truth is that I cannot ruin what God has planned. Whew!

Then Mark 4:37-41 showed me that the apostles struggled to trust in Jesus too. When the seas were rough, they feared for their lives despite having the Son of God in their presence. Jesus is always in our presence. He is involved in every secon of our lives, whether we are sleeping or caught in the middle of a storm. This means that we can always rest in Him and trust Him! So, I am learning to trust Him for my future by His constant reminders that He is faithful.

So, thanks for the amazing encouragement you've provided me thus far! I ask you, again, to please consider supporting me if you can. A pledge to give $10, $25, or even $50 a month, would be very helpful, but one-time gifts are also greatly appreciated!! Also, if you know of anyone who might be interested in supporting college campus ministry, please send me their contact information.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5

No comments: