Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My Support Letter

Less than a year ago, I would have told you with assurance that I would be going to grad school this fall. Somewhere between then and now, God revealed to me His plan for my life, which doesn't include grad school right now. With great excitement, I am writing to let you know that I have been chosen to be an Intern with Reformed University Ministries at Kennesaw State University (KSU) in Atlanta, GA during the 2008-2009 school year. Reformed University Ministries is the college ministry of the Presbyterian Church in America with Reformed University Fellowship or “RUF” on over 120 campuses around the nation. The ministry’s mission is to reach students with the Gospel of Jesus Christ and equip those students to serve Him, not just on their campus, but in all of life.

I want to work with college students because I am at an age when I can still relate to them and empathize with many of the situations they are facing. As a student, I found it easier to talk and relate to someone my age. College students are trying to understand themselves and the world in which they live, all while making life-changing decisions. Sometimes, all they need is a friend to listen to them or a leader to point them in a different direction. I truly enjoy listening to and learning from others.

The intern program will offer me the opportunity to serve under the leadership of Chris Bowen, the RUF Campus Minister at KSU. Every Tuesday night in large group we will pray, sing, listen to the Word of God, and enjoy fellowship with one another. Throughout the year, I will lead small group Bible studies, disciple and meet with female students on an individual basis, and assist with our local and statewide conferences. The year will present many challenges, but by God’s grace, He will sustain me each and every day.

As I take on the role of an intern, I will need faithful support. First and foremost, I need your prayers. Although a majority of my time will be spent with students, I also desire to know and more deeply understand the truths in Scripture. The combination of intense personal study and a demanding schedule will undoubtedly require great energy and a hunger for the ministry. Second, I need financial support. Because our salaries and expenses are raised completely through your generous gifts, I ask that you would prayerfully consider supporting my work with RUF. I will need to raise $30,600, and I will need 75% ($23,000) of this before I can move and begin working on campus. All contributions are tax deductible and the enclosed return envelope outlines several ways in which you can help meet my needs or you can also give online at
www.ruf.org.

God used RUF at the University of Florida to reach me and draw me into Him at a time when I felt lonely, dejected, and hopeless. He has blessed me with friends that support me when I am in need and challenge me when I am wrong. Now, full of hope through faith in Jesus, I am blessed with the opportunity to serve as part of the ministry that so amazingly served me.

Thank you in advance for your consideration. I look forward to you sharing in our ministry at Kennesaw State University.


Sincerely,

Christina Rodriguez

No comments: