Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Exposed

I woke up and began my daily routine which includes a cup of espresso and milk and walking Dominoe. For some reason unknown to me, I took an interest in cleaning my bathroom before getting my coffee. As I made my way through the morning, I got THE CALL from RUF.

I hung up the phone, sat on my couch, and buried my face in the pillow as tears welled up in my eyes. I wasn't crying because I got the job, which I was thrilled about. I was crying because in this month of waiting, I hadn't realized how my heart had started to harden. Everyday, I waited to get a call telling me I wasn't going to be an intern this year. I began questioning what God was calling me to do in Kennesaw.

In one fatal blow, God put my doubts and indifference to rest. I cannot express how freeing it is to know that the Holy Spirit is working in my heart, battling the idols I build up for myself. I am His and I am thankful that He is so jealous that He wants me all to Himself! I don't want to belong to anyone or anything else.

Thank you all for the love you've shown me these past few months! Every e-mail, letter, and phone call has been an encouragement to trust in God's provisions. I couldn't have done it without you. Our journey at KSU is just beginning and I am more than excited to share in this ministry with you.

RUF large group will meet for the third time tonight, but it will be my first time. Please, pray for that the students will come with open minds and hearts and that God will use Chris Bowen's message to reach out to them. Pray, also, that I seek only to glorify God and point students to Jesus as I meet and get to know them this year. And, of course, send up a prayer or thanks and praise for His provisions in getting me on campus.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats homie!

you're the perfect person for the job.

Sarah said...

Christina, I am SO excited! I wish my room mates weren't all asleep b/c I would totally jump and holler with delight. Praise God, our provider! Thanks for opening up your heart in the midst of this journey... I'm encouraged by your honesty and am so privileged to sojourn with you.

Anna Lauren McDowell said...

Yay!!!!!! I'm so excited for you!! I can't wait to read and hear about how God is using you in the lives of the students at Kennesaw! It's so great to know that God is at work. I'm praying for you and your students.