Thursday, September 18, 2008

I Can See Clearly Now...

...the rain is gone.

I used to pride myself on my 20/20 vision. Thus, the opposite was inevitable. As of yesterday, I have joined the glasses-wearing crowd. The eye doctor says I don't have to wear them all the time, just when I am reading or on the computer or driving at night. So, I'll pretty much be wearing them all the time.

When I first tried them on at the doctor's office, it felt like I was in one of those fun houses with all the mirrors. Everything was distorted by my standards. I didn't even want to drive with them because that was just asking for trouble.

I wore them for a few hours when I got home. I find the term "four eyes" very appropriate. I was so confused as to what I was seeing that it felt like I had four eyes, each looking in different directions. It's day one of wearing corrective lenses, so I know it will take time. After my eyes focus, I can see pretty clearly. Everything is a lot sharper. I never even knew what I was missing.

What a blessing it is to be able to "fix" our sight! God has given me so much to be thankful for.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

omgoodness you look sooo cute in your glasses.

Sarah said...

yep, you're stylin' for sure. thinking of you and praying for you, friend!

Anonymous said...

i've been "four-eyes" since the age of six. welcome to the club. =)

Anonymous said...

looks good. adds a whole new dimension to your face.

Anonymous said...

I join Whitney in welcoming you to the eyeglass club. I've been wearing glasses since 2nd grade and contacts since 6th.
Your glasses look great on you! (That is a high compliment coming from me; I rarely, if ever, say that glasses look good on people because I generally think glasses hide people's eyes) Hope all's well in Kennesaw!
~Deanna