Sunday, September 7, 2008

From Oranges to Peaches

I sat on the lawn singing out loud to some familiar tunes that blasted over the loudspeakers on either side of me. Some other people around me were singing too, while others were immersed in the moment of being with their friends or families, oblivious to the music. I sat on the lawn of Stone Mountain Park for an hour and a half waiting for the Saturday night laser light show to begin. The stone mountain was a sight in itself, bearing a carving of three confederate generals on horses. In my peripheral vision, I could see the sky lift, wishing I was riding it to the top of the mountain instead of sitting uncomfortably in the midst of hundreds of people I didn't know. The show, complete with fireworks, was worth the wait. I'll want to go back.

Just hours before claiming my spot on the lawn, I had been walking around the exhibits of the 40th Annual Yellow Daisy Festival in another part of the park. There was so many tents, each manned by an artist of some sort trying to sell their creative works. I saw everything from music to paintings and furniture to antique spoon jewelry. Anyone who saw me walking around might have thought that I was uninterested in the exhibits because I rarely stopped to actually appreciate it. But that wasn't the case. In fact, the creativity that surrounded me stirred up a desire to go to Michael's arts and craft store and buy all the tools my inner artist wanted so that she might express herself. Hmm...

As I experience the sights and events Georgia has to offer, I am beginning to feel less and less like a foreigner. I got my Georgia driver's license a couple weeks ago and I registered my vehicle today after a series of mini dilemmas. I'm officially a Georgian. Is that what we are called?



Dominoe sat in the trunk as I sat on the road to replace my license plate.


I may have a Georgia tag, but I will always represent my Florida Gators!!
I know my sticker is on backwards.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't like how Georgia licenses make you have your weight on display...inappropriate.

anyways, your dog is so super cute.

Anonymous said...

whats with that smile on your DL?