Monday, August 4, 2008

The Newness of Life

I am currently sitting in my new room in my new apartment in a new city in a new state. I still can't believe I am a resident of Kennesaw, Georgia. It all seems so surreal. It all happened so fast. Still, I have this sense of peace about it all. I haven't had any second thoughts about my decision to move here.

The town is so beautiful. On Saturday, I saw what I believe to be Kennesaw Mountain. Oh how I love mountains! What an amazing reminder of how great our Creator is! I think I could have just sat parked on Cobb Parkway and stared out for hours. I can't wait to get up close and personal.

Unfortunately, the mountains will have to wait. Now, that I have made the move from Florida to Georgia, I must refocus my efforts to raising support for my RUF Internship at Kennesaw State University. Even though, I have not been actively fundraising this past week, God has been working in people's hearts to give. He has raised nearly half of the money I need. Oh, He is so so good to me!

I am trying not to discern His plan from recent events because anything can happen. I am not giving up. Seriously, my heart beats significantly faster when I start to think of my possible future job as an RUF intern because I am so excited to serve Him through this ministry. I pray that this is His plan for my life and I am trusting in His provisions, whatever they may be.

This part of my life's journey has been so amazing. The Holy Spirit has been working in my heart in ways I could have never predicted. Everyday, I am a different person than the day before. The newness of life in Christ grows deeper each day as I begin to understand what it's like to truly Live. I simply cannot wait to continue this journey!

Thank you all so much for your prayers! I know He hears them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trust me, I've been praying for you. I know what it's like to feel that you are meant to do something. I also know what it's like when my desired path is not the one I end up taking. But in the end, everything works out the way that's best. I'm glad you're not giving up. Enjoy Georgia!