Tuesday, August 19, 2008

RUF Internship Update

Well, friends, I finally had a talk with my supervisor at RUF. He's given me an absolute deadline to raise the money for my internship. I have the rest of this week and next week to raise the rest of the funds necessary to employ me. I thank God that He has already blessed me with a little over $15,500 through the generosity of family, friends, and even a few complete strangers!Gracious! That's a lot of money already! Unfortunately, it is not enough to get me on campus and serving students.

In order to start meeting students and forming relationships, I need to raise 75% of the total $30,000, which comes to $23,000. Basically, I have less than two weeks to have $7,500 pledged in my name.

It's difficult to see all those dollar signs and not get discouraged. Even harder yet, is being in Kennesaw and not being able to start meeting the students who started classes this past Friday. The first RUF large group meeting is next Tuesday and I really want to be there. But I have to stop and see the bigger picture. I can't get discouraged because it is not over. My God is a big God and He is bigger than a few thousand dollars.

I ask you to pray:
  • for the campus ministry at KSU, the campus minister, and the students
  • that the Holy Spirit will work to raise the $7,500 necessary to do ministry with RUF
  • that I will be bold in asking people and do it all for the glory of God

Thank you all so much! I'll be in touch with you soon.


Do you want to Give toward Christina's RUF Funds? Click the link below to find out how.
http://dominoesmom.blogspot.com/2008/05/interested-in-supporting-me-at-ksu.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.